The Duke Learning Innovation team contributes to Duke’s academic excellence by helping instructors explore and evaluate innovative ways to use technology and new pedagogies to meet their teaching goals.
Learning Innovation consultants can help you…
- flip a class by moving content acquisition outside the classroom and using active learning in the classroom,
- teach an online class,
- get ideas for updating a course,
- find a solution to a teaching concern,
- learn about new technologies,
- learn how to best use existing technologies,
- plan an instructional technology project,
- find resources needed to carry out a project, or
- evaluate the impact of technology on teaching.
Consultants are happy to talk with you about your class. You can come to our scheduled Office Hours, or talk to us at your available time.
In addition to consulting, we work with individual faculty, faculty groups and departments by providing:
- Departmental presentations about instructional technologies
- In-department custom training
- Co-sponsored guest speakers
- Faculty Fellows programs to help a group of faculty accomplish a teaching project
- Support for mini-grants such as Jump Start Grants
- Materials development support to digitize important course content
- Help with external funding proposals related Duke courses
Contact Us for a consultation or with your requests.