Duke provides technology training opportunities to support the academic needs of Duke students, staff and faculty. These include pre-scheduled hands-on training seminars; OnDemand training for Duke-specific tools and services; monthly brown bag sessions and online training tutorials.
Stay connected. Keep posted on training opportunities by joining our OIT Training Announcement e-mail List. Monthly announcements may include new and upcoming seminars, training events and online resources. Subscribe online at https://lists.duke.edu/sympa/subscribe/oit-training-announce. Also, check out the IT Training @ Duke WordPress site http://sites.duke.edu/training/.
Looking for a complement to instructor-led training or cost effective just-in-time learning opportunities? Try learning online.
Look for a series of pre-scheduled seminars on Duke IT-specific topics and beyond. Popular topics include Duke's Box, iMovie, Sites@Duke (WordPress) and more.
- View and register for upcoming fee technology training seminars via the online registration system. (You must have a Duke NetID to register and particiapte.)
- View and register for Research Computing Specific topics. (You must have a Duke NetID to register and participate.)
- Read our free technology training seminar policies page for participant guidelines, cancellation and wait-list information.
- Location and Parking Information is also available.
Lynda.com is a leading education provider whose online training library includes more than 116,005 videos in 2,550+ courses, with new titles added every week.
Current Duke students, faculty and staff with valid Duke NetIDs can access the entire lynda.com online training library at no personal cost anytime, anywhere - 24/7 and 365 days a year on their computer or via their mobile device through the lyndaCampus, a university-wide site license.
For more info and to connect visit the OIT website.
The Learn IT @ Lunch series is designed to be an opportunity for you to learn about technology directly from Duke IT Staff. Each session will includes a presentation followed by a Q & A session in a relaxed lunch environment. All Duke students, staff and faculty are welcome to participate.
- No preregistration is required. Seating is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Feel free to bring a brown bag lunch.
- Additional information and a schedule is on our Learn IT @ Lunch page.
OnDemand training allows Duke groups to request just-in-time training for group or academic course needs. Faculty may contact us to bring in-classroom training for academic tools such as Sites@Duke (WordPress). This service is also available to student organizations (all topics) and staff (for Duke specific topics). Visit the OnDemand Training page for information and guidelines.
Duke University offers its staff and faculty access to a comprehensive collection of courses available through the Global Knowledge learning portal.
Duke Learning Management System (LMS)
The Duke Learning Management System (LMS) is a tool that Duke uses to manage employee training. Employees can use the Duke LMS to determine learning needs or requirements, register for learning, launch online content, and view and maintain a transcript. View the DIY video below for a quick tutorial on how to use the LMS.
Learning & Organization Development (L&OD) can help you leverage the Duke LMS for your training and employees. Contact L&OD @ 919-613-7613 or 7600 for help to:
- Determine the best approach for your content and audience
- Create or convert content
- Deliver content virtually or in a classroom
- Administer the content in the LMS
- Assign training to your employees
- Measure training outcomes
- Provide reports about training
- About a Group of Employees (pdf)
Contact OIT Training Coordinator
Technical Education & Outreach Coordinator: Christine L. Vucinich