Duke makes available computing and network services to support the University's missions. Employees are expected to protect sensitive data and all users are expected to honor acceptable uses of Duke's equipment and networks.
Duke's Information Technology Security Office policies and procedures site provides a list that members of the Duke community should be familiar with. In addition there are a number of additional Information Technology policies for various services.
- Electronic Media Policies
- Group Email
- Mass Communication Tools/Software Purchases
- Collection, Storage, and Use of Social Security Numbers
- Bandwidth Utilization
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Safe Computing Guidelines
- Guidelines for choosing a good password
- Communication Facilities Design Guidelines
- Web Accessibility Guidelines