A number of digital media services are offered centrally by OIT and some in close partnerships with technology groups throughout the university and health system. These services enhance university-wide programs that support the effective use of technology in learning, instruction, collaboration, and co-curricular student life.
OIT Media Technologies
OIT provides services for capturing lectures and events; converting captured media to other formats, distributing media; and technical consultation and resources to help you with these projects. Some services are offered directly, and some in close partnerships with technology groups throughout the university and health system. OIT implements and enhances university-wide programs that support the effective use of technology in learning, instruction, collaboration, and co-curricular student life.
- Warpwire - Duke provides secure (NetID-based) video publishing via a product called Warpwire. With Warpwire, anyone with a valid Duke NetID can easily upload and publish videos (works similarly to YouTube) and share them with Duke and non-Duke users — anywhere, anytime, on just about any modern device. Duke also supports live streaming and R&D projects via Wowza Media Server.
- WebEx: Enterprise conferencing tool supporting audio, video, and session sharing.
- MPS: Multimedia project studio for media creation and editing. There are two multimedia production facilities for Duke students, faculty and staff. Both labs feature high-end, integrated hardware and software that encourage imaginative creation and editing of graphics, Web pages, audio and video. Production tools include industry standard software.
- DukeCapture: DukeCapture is an automated lecture and event recording solution deployed in over 120 classrooms across the Duke campus. It allows for automatic publication to many different services including streaming and podcasting servers such as Sakai, and iTunes U.
- Digital Signage: electronic “flyers” and networked information displays
A full list of academic media services provided can be found here: https://oit.duke.edu/what-we-do
Duke Media Services
Duke Media Services provides professional media production services, from concept to completion, to the Duke University and Medical Center community.
- Event Support - Duke Media Services provides professional quality video and audio capture on location, as well as live web streaming of events.
- Live from Duke Studio - Technical support in its live radio and television studios are available for broadcasts with faculty experts and administrators.
- Origin production and stock footage - Stock footage is available for use in video projects.
A full list of services provided can be found here: http://studentaffairs.duke.edu/ucae/media-services
The DUKEPhotography team creates and provides imagery that enhances, enriches and promotes Duke University. With 5 award-winning photographers among the team of digital artists, Duke Photography can assist units in visually telling their Duke story. In addition scheduling a shoot on location, DUKEPhotography also provides a portfolio of multimedia to choose from for your project.
For more information and to see some of the media collection, go here: http://www.dukephoto.duke.edu/